This ad is expired.
Emergency Veterinary Nurse
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Emergency Veterinary Nurse
Job Profile Title
Veterinary Technician, Emergency Services D
Job Description Summary
Primary responsibilities will include triage and clinical support of critically ill patients
Currently seeking a dependable, passionate, and enthusiastic technician to join our eventful ER/level 1 trauma center.
A veterinary ER technician functions as part of a leading team of nurses trained in triage, CPR, general inpatient and outpatient care; including administering medications, anesthesia, imaging, supporting and working cohesively with our team consisting of emergency and critical care faculty, residents, interns, and 4th year veterinary students. Our nursing team also works closely to teach and mentor veterinary nursing students. Our ER is a prime facility to support a nurse interested in gaining the experience and skills to obtain a VTS in Emergency and Critical Care.
- Act as a veterinary triage nurse
-Perform CPR consistent with RECOVER guidelines
- Perform anesthesia for ER procedures
- Act as circulating floor nurse recognizing changes in, and providing care to our critically ill patients
- Instructing and assisting veterinary and veterinary nursing students, interns, and residents in various aspects of emergency.
This position is eligible for a sign-on incentive of $1000. Please contact Rosemary Lombardi, Director of Nursing at email@example.com, Emily Savino, Assistant Director of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sally Tunstall, HR Administrator at email@example.com for further details regarding the sign-on incentive.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, busy environment, both independently and with a team
- Ability to multi-task and complete assigned tasks
- Strong time management and communication skills
-Interested and open to learning new skills
-CVT license required or eligible to sit for certification exam (VTNE) within 6 months of employment.
-Prior emergency experience preferred, but not required
Veterinary Technician A- 1 yr experience and a CVT or board eligible
Veterinary Technician B- 2-3 years and CVT
Veterinary Technician C- 3-4 years and CVT
Veterinary Technician D- 5+ and CVT
-may include on-call shifts.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds (work requires lifting, carrying, and restraining animals-with assistance from other staff for animals weighing over 50 pounds)
- Able to stand, be on your feet for long periods of time
Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaVeterinary Technician, Emergency Services D
Department / School
School of Veterinary Medicine
$20.45 - $30.82
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Ryan-Veterinary-Hospital/Emergency-Veterinary-Nurse_JR00049861
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-c9132f5d8f46824e9ce4f31963e6f3e5