This ad is expired.
Assistant or Associate Professor of Veterinary Microbiology
Contributes to the university's mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
- Contribute to the Schools instruction, scholarship, and service activities. The distribution of effort toward each activity will be individualized for each faculty member and outlined in the letter of appointment.
- It is expected that faculty members will establish extramural support of their scholarship and this will include support for graduate students and opportunities for involvement of professional students. This expectation is proportional to percentage of effort assigned to scholarship in the letter of appointment.
- Contribute to activities necessary to receive accreditation from the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education, other regulatory or accreditation approvals, and admit and deliver the curriculum to the inaugural (and subsequent) cohorts of students of the professional program.
- Development and participation in the Schools research enterprise and PhD program
- Curricular development and related activities.
- The curricular framework has been developed based on Competency Based Veterinary Education (CBVE; see www.AAVMC.org), and is designed to be vertically and horizontally integrated.
- Curricular development will require considerable teamwork to effectively develop course syllabi and content relative to this integration, and to curricular outcomes.
- Curricular mapping of course-specific learning objectives against curricular outcomes.
- Delivery of the curriculum within the professional program. This might include serving as instructor of record for various courses or contributing lectures to other courses.
- Until such time that it is necessary to create departments (or department-like structures) within the School, the successful candidates will report to the Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs.
- Participation on various School committees.
Academic degree as defined by the academic unit and as appropriate for the position held. Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study, to the candidates intellectual and artistic development, and to the quality of the academic enterprise; a record of professional service appropriate to the discipline; promise of growth in teaching and research or artistic and creative activity.
A DVM (or equivalent) is required, with experience in veterinary microbiology. Preference will be given to candidates with a MS or PhD in a veterinary microbiology related field. Preference will be given to candidates who have a successful track record of or show promise in future teamwork, curricular development, instruction, scholarship, and service.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in teaching veterinary microbiology to veterinary students with an emphasis on those diseases of veterinary importance.
- Knowledge of infectious diseases of veterinary importance and how to rank them in a differential diagnosis.
- Ability to explain how to perform a clinical microbiologic diagnosis in the instruction of veterinary students.
- Use of and interpretation of data arises from microbiological services provided by diagnostic laboratories in support of veterinary practice.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Texas Tech University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We actively encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University. The university does not discriminate on the basis of an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. Texas Tech welcomes consideration of dual career and professional couple accommodations.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency