University of Pennsylvania
Description & Details
The University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Pathobiology, Penn Vet Diagnostic Laboratory welcomes applications for a full time, Anatomic Pathologist at the rank of Assistant Professor in the Academic Clinician track. The position involves a 90% commitment to service activities in the Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory and a 10% commitment to teaching. Service responsibilities are shared among 3 other faculty pathologists from the Department. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the candidate's training and experience. The search committee will begin considering applications immediately with a proposed start date as early as January 3, 2022. Additional information on the department may be found at https://www.vet.upenn.edu/research/academic-departments/pathobiology.
The diagnostic lab supports UPENN Ryan Veterinary Hospital and practitioners from the US and territories. Our pathologists interpret ~12,000 biopsies and 400 autopsies annually. The majority of cases are submitted from specialty hospitals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate surgical biopsy specimens with timely preparation of pathology reports.
- Assist in training pathology residents and education of interns and veterinary students.
- Promote departmental camaraderie and develop diagnostic skills through regular participation in hospital and departmental rounds and continuing education.
- Research is not a domain in which AC faculty are evaluated; however, individual research projects can be pursued, including support for studies requiring anatomic pathology expertise.
- DVM/VMD or equivalent degree.
- Board certified in veterinary anatomic pathology ACVP or ECVP.
- Applicants with imminent prospects of board certification will also be considered (e.g. candidates sitting for boards in 2022).
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A collaborative mindset to foster a team-approach to teaching and service.
How to Apply / Contact
Applicants should submit the following online: (1) a letter indicating their interest, professional goals, teaching philosophy, research interests and qualifications for the position; (2) a statement on your experience with and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; (3) current curriculum vitae; (4) and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class. Questions or concerns about this should be directed to the Executive Director of the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Programs, University of Pennsylvania, 421 Franklin Building, 3451 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6205; or (215) 898-6993 (Voice) or (215) 898-7803 (TDD).
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency