This ad is expired.
- Assistant/Associate Professor - General Veterinary Practice
- Go to our website »
Assistant/Associate Professor - General Veterinary Practice
Contributes to the university's mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
- Be a constructive and collaborative member of the team of faculty and staff that lead the Clinical and Professional Skills courses. Assist or lead model development, Objective Structured Clinical Examinations, Surgical laboratories, and multi-species laboratories.
- Assist with curricular development and related activities. Most curricular development will focus on clinical and professional skills coursework including training of veterinary students in common clinical skills for new graduates, communication, interprofessional collaborations, ethics, leadership, and managing health-care teams. This may also include serving as instructor of record for various courses, contributing lectures to other courses, or participating in laboratories.
- The curricular framework has been developed based on Competency Based Veterinary Education (CBVE; see www.AAVMC.org), and is designed to be vertically and horizontally integrated.
- Curricular development will require collaborative teamwork to effectively develop course syllabi and content relative to this integration, and to accomplish desired outcomes.
- Curricular mapping of course-specific learning objectives with curricular outcomes is required.
- Contribute to the TTU SVMs instruction, scholarship, and service activities. The distribution of effort toward each activity will be individualized for each faculty member and outlined in the letter of appointment.
- It is expected that tenure-track faculty members will establish extramural support of their scholarship, and this will include support for graduate students and opportunities for involvement of professional students. This expectation is proportional to percentage of effort assigned to scholarship in the letter of appointment.
- Contribute to activities necessary for accreditation from the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education, other regulatory or accreditation approvals, and admit and deliver the curriculum to the students of the professional degree program.
- Development and participation in the schools research enterprise and PhD program as applicable to the candidates background
- Participate on various School committees.
- Additional comments:
- The curriculum is grounded on general veterinary practice in rural agricultural and regional communities. A central function of subject-matter experts is to provide instruction such that graduates can competently and confidently practice veterinary medicine at a distance from referral hospitals.
- This position reports to an Assistant Dean.
A DVM (or equivalent) is required, with experience in general primary care veterinary practice. Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study, to the candidates intellectual and artistic development, and to the quality of the academic enterprise; a record of professional service appropriate to the discipline; promise of growth in teaching and research or artistic and creative activity
Preference will be given to:
- Candidates with clinical and professional skills teaching experience.
- Candidates with experience in primary-care medicine/surgery in rural and/or regional communities.
- Candidates who may work with both large and small animals.
- Candidates who have a successful track record of or show promise in future teamwork, curricular development, instruction, scholarship, and service.
- Those with great organizational skills and a team oriented mindset.
- Experience organizing and leading a veterinary care team.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-0d8a5c3418e11d4f868458ba9613e9bc