Practical Laboratory Assistant, Veterinary Technology Program
About Massasoit Community College:
We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. Massasoit currently offers 41 associate degree programs in arts, sciences, and applied sciences and 24 certificates. The College also offers non-credit workforce development certificates; corporate training courses; adult basic education; personal enrichment classes; and Early College programs for high school students.
Students of color make up roughly half of all students enrolled and more than half of all Massasoit students are first generation to attend college. More than 900 students graduate from Massasoit with an associate degree or certificate each year.
Brockton, Massachusetts, home of Massasoit's largest campus, prides itself on its diversity of cultures and is home to approximately 95,000 residents. In addition, the college has a campus in Canton, a satellite location in Middleborough, and annually serves students from more than 35 cities and towns in Southeastern Massachusetts. Massasoit is one of the largest community colleges in the state.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer who is committed to increasing diversity across all levels of the college. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
Accepting Applications for Academic Year 2021 - 2022
The Veterinary Technology Program Laboratory Assistant works collaboratively and effectively with Massasoit Community College faculty and staff to provide program students with an influential learning experience and to promote teamwork and student success. This position provides various forms of support to course instructors by performing a variety of functions under the supervision of the instructor. Functions include preparation for laboratory sessions, and the teaching, mentorship, and oversight of students.
Laboratory Assistants are required to/responsible for:
- Assist the instructor in the oversight of all laboratory activities for a specific course
- Maintain a safe and supportive atmosphere for all students
- Follow and enforce safety guidelines at all times
- Observe student performance and provide feedback to the course instructor
- Assist with the set-up of needed equipment, materials and supplies for each lab session under the supervision of the course instructor and the Vet Tech Lab Tech
- Assist with laboratory clean up and in ensuring that the laboratory space is left clean, neat and organized
- Be familiar with all procedures and skills involved in each laboratory session
- Assist the instructor by providing instructional support for course topics
- Attend all scheduled laboratory sessions
- Attend meetings and training as scheduled by the course instructor or program coordinator
- Be familiar with and understand IACUC protocols
- Assist in ensuring all IACUC protocols are strictly adhered to
- Perform appropriate animal care and use documentation as directed by the instructor
- Follow Massasoit Community College and the Veterinary Technology Program policies and procedures
- Focus on the Commonwealth's Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions
- Must be a credentialed veterinary technician or licensed doctor of veterinary medicine
- Associate degree or higher
- Must be knowledgeable in course content
- Recent work experience related to course content
- Teaching experience in higher education and/or at the community college level is strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body
- Ability to contribute to a positive and supportive team culture
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: Candidates for employment should be aware that all Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
Part-time, non-benefitted position
Worksite: The Canton Campus of Massasoit Community College (travel to other instructional sites may be required)
Hourly Rate: $25.00 an hour
Hours: Dependent on the course offered
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
A cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references are required, please apply online.
Please Note: Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax, mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to comply, may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Chief Diversity Officer & Title IX Coordinator, Yolanda Dennis, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, 508-588-9100, x1309, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 219, email@example.com, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
To apply, visit https://massasoit.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=138331
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency