IT Support Specialist III - School of Veterinary Medicine
The IT Support Specialist III's scope includes providing technical support and assistance to departments, faculty, staff, and students with the use of software applications, customized applications, systems support, and websites, etc. This position may also manage area or unit IT software projects in support of business operations.
With limited supervision by management and/or project leads:
- Primarily provides specialty and advanced software support and management for an area or unit.
- Performs technical duties associated with specific specialty software and technical support for area or unit business operations.
- Contributes technical skills and support to customers for software applications, customized applications, websites, etc.
- Manages area or unit IT software projects and systems in support of business operations.
- Technical skillset kept current by reviewing market trends and product development.
- Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
- Troubleshoots primarily hardware, some software, or some system problems, interfacing with central technology support areas.
- Assist with commercial veterinary program-specific software.
- Maintains knowledge and skill levels deemed appropriate by department and industry standards based on practical and theoretical skills.
- Assists with any other relevant activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
- Advanced analytical skills, including process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem-solving.
Bachelors degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus three (3) years related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience. Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
- Have technical and computer background, supervisory skills and experience, excellent interpersonal skills, adaptable, persistent, resilient, and be service-oriented.
- Customer advocate, ability to establish a plan of action, prioritize and execute assigned tasks effectively.
- Desktop Support Certifications, Mac experience, and/or any other training or certifications related to technology services.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency