Associate Director of Development, School of Veterinary Medicine
Texas Tech Office of Advancement
Performs the administrative duties of planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating special development efforts. Responsibilities may include: cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual, foundation, and corporate support for the TTU/System; adherence to the prospect management system; and plans, coordinates and evaluates development goals. Responsible for fiscal management of development goals. Work is performed under general supervision with broad latitude for initiative.
Raise major gifts ($25,000+) to further the mission that Texas Tech University has implemented as a Tier 1 Research Institution.
Manage a portfolio of prospects for the School of Veterinary Medicine focusing on building relationships by traveling to visit face-to-face with donors and prospects, presenting proposals, and soliciting major gifts.
Serve as a liaison between the School of Veterinary Medicine and TTU Advancement.
Enter contact reports after each visit to ensure donor records are kept up to date.
- Work collaboratively with the dean and TTU Advancement to promote development at alumni and special events to improve donor relations.
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive plan for meeting the School of Veterinary Medicine's funding needs on an annual and long-term basis with assistance from TTU Advancement, the managing director and dean of the School of Veterinary Medicine.
- Meet goals for visits, asks, and gifts secured as established each fiscal year.
- Engage in effective interpersonal relationships; work cooperatively with TTU Advancement, TTUS Institutional Advancement, and the dean of the School of Veterinary Medicine and appropriate staff.
- Serve as a mentor to Assistant Directors of Development, Development Associates, and Discovery Officers.
Bachelor's degree plus three years development or sales experience; OR a combination of education and/or related experience equal seven years.
Previous professional fundraising experience or professional experience in veterinary sales. Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency